This might just be the perfect brunch sandwich...
· 5 Eggs
· 1 heaping tablespoon of finely diced onion
· 1.5 tablespoons of finely dice celery with leaves
· 1.5 teaspoons of chopped parsley
· ¼ cup best foods mayo
· 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
· A dash of cayenne to taste
· Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
· 4 per sandwich crispy fried bacon strips
· 4 slices of buttermilk bread or bread of your choice toasted to golden brown
· Butter lettuce optional for each sandwich
· Paprika for garnish
Perfect boiled eggs, some people really struggle with this but I have a way that is fool proof. Bring small pot of water to boil with kosher salt. Once water starts to boil carefully add in eggs, so you do not crack them on their way in. Make sure to only boil the eggs for 9 minutes. This is to keep the yolks from turning green/gray on the inside and the yolk will have a silky-smooth texture instead. Once the eggs have boiled for 9 minutes take them off the heat and run cool water into the pot to stop cooking. Remove eggs from pot and place in refrigerator overnight. Leaving to cool completely over night helps ensure they will peel easily.
Peel the eggs and chop to desired size. I like to take 2 eggs and rip them apart with my hands then chop the other 3 eggs smaller to give varying sizes (it also looks nice to me) and place in bowl to mix. Add in onion, celery, parsley, mayo, mustard, cayenne, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix everything up and taste it, make sure to correct seasoning as needed.
Put it together! Lay out your bread for 2 sandwiches on one side for each sandwich lay down the bacon. Top the bacon with your egg salad mix and sprinkle a bit of paprika over the egg salad. Top this with our other piece of bread to finish and enjoy!
I optionally add butter lettuce to this sandwich because it has a very nice texture and tastes great. I didn’t have any this time so I just made it optional.